My Day At The M.A.C Store



Hey guys, as you can guess from the title, I'm going to share with you how I spent my day at the M.A.C store. The best way to share my experience with you is if I tell it like a story, so let's begin.



I got home from school on Sunday, and my parents kindly came to pick me and my brother up from the airport. On our way home, my mum informed me that she purchased a makeover session from M.A.C for me and that I also had carte blanche to purchase one item from the store. Of course my mum knows I'm a huge fan of M.A.C, so i guess it was her way of treating me to something nice.

Since then I've been thinking of a good opportunity to redeem my makeover session, but since I don't really go out, there was no where I could think of to rock my look to. At the end, I decided to simply go there and use that opportunity to learn a few makeup application skills. I thus decided to go to the store on Thursday April 14, since I had my christian meetings later in the evening of that day, I would at least have somewhere to rock the makeup to.


I got to the store at 1:30pm and after explaining to them why I was there, the staffs warmly invited me to get comfortable. One of the artists in-store, Bisoye personally attended to me and asked me what I wanted. Of course, the day before I had already done intense research on what products I wanted them to use on me and I also wanted then to use products I already own so I could re-create the look later. I have always wanted to go for a "burnt orangey or warm reddish look" with nude matte lips. I explained this to Bisoye and she showed me some eyeshadows and asked which in particular do I want. I decided to go with the burnt orangey look. Bisoye then brought other items she would need for the whole look.

After settling down, I explained to Bisoye that I would love to blog about my experience and asked for permission to take pictures in-store. I know some stores like M.A.C have a policy on not taking pictures in-store, but Bisoye kindly allowed me free reign to take pictures and snapchat behind the scenes [ unfortunately all my snaps vanished before I got home so I had no way of saving some pictures and videos]. 


The first thing Bisoye worked on was my Brows. She used the M.A.C eye brows mechanical pencil in "Stud" which I already owned, so I was excited to see how she would use it. She then used the Studio Finish Concealer in "NW50" to clean up the brows.


The next step was the eyes. This was the part where I was most excited for, because I wanted to learn how to blend in different colours seamlessly on the eyes. I have to give her A for efforts here, because naturally my eyes flutter a lot and then it starts to water, so, that she was able to apply gel liner on my upper and lower lids was a feat! Of course, this was the part where we had the most fun, she was patient with me allowing me to admire my eyes and ask her questions about the colours. Here is a breakdown on what she used for the eyes, Pro Longwear Paint Pot in "Soft Ochre" to prime my eyelids, The M.A.C Eyeshadows she used are, Red Brick, Orange, Sushi Flower [for upper crease], Deep Truth, Contrast, Carbon and I Like To Watch [teardrop]. For the liner on my upper lid, she used M.A.C Fluidline in "Blacktrack" , and for my lower lid, she used the fluidline gel in "royal wing". Then for mascara, she used "M.A.C False Lash Extreme Black"


We now moved to the face. This step was pretty basic, she used the M.A.C "Matchmaster Foundation in 9.0 which is actually one of my favorite foundations from them. She then used a lighter shade of the Matchmaster foundation in 7.5 to highlight specific areas of my face and then set those parts using the Studio Fix Powder in "NC50". She also used the Studio fix in NW50 to set my whole face. This is one of my favorite powders from MAC also, as it actually helps in minimizing the oil on my face. Then to highlight she used the Mineralize Skinfinish in "Gold Deposit". That highlighter was glorious and I had to stop myself from splurging.


Finally the Lips, I wanted a matte brown since we went quite heavy on the eyes. She used the Prolongwear Lip Pencil in "Bittersweet" to line my lips. For lipstick, she used the MAC matte lipstick in "Taupe" and then topped it up with MAC's Sugarrimmeed Lipglss in "Dazzleglass"







So, that's the finish look. My next post will be a makeup haul, so I'm going to share what I got from the store then. 

Thanks once again Bisoye! Let me know what you all think.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful...love the lip color. will be there when next am in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful...love the lip color. will be there when next am in town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour so much I've actually gone and buy myself my own Taupe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comment!

Popular Posts